Too Many Projects!
I’ve never met a crochet pattern I didn’t like, to the point that this post could also be titled “LET’S MAKE ALL THE THINGS!” Seriously; I have an entire folder of pattern PDFs on my flash drive, and have started a second. I’ve a folder on my bookmarks bar and had to create another for “WIPs” with the intention I’ll see to the things I’ve started before downloading anything else.
Since that doesn’t seem to be working, I’m writing this post for two reasons. The first is to get a definitive list of Projects In Progress. The second is, that by listing everything for everyone to see, I might shame myself into finishing stuff instead of starting it.
Projects In Progress
- Demelza by Catherine Bligh (roughly a third done)
- Carousel by Sue Pinner (halfway?)
- Around the Bases by ChiChi Allen and others (I have no idea)
- Candy Twist Hexaround by Julie Yeager (no idea)
- Moorland Blanket by Lucy@Attic24 (still on week one!)
- Blooming Cushion by Lucy@Attic24 (halfway through one side)
- Baby Angel Wing by Sue Pinner (first part)
- Sophie’s Universe by Dedri Uys (on part 4)
- Woodland Pixie Hood by Hannah Cross (barely started)
- Baby Neat Ripple by Lucy@Attic24 (done about two inches)
- Cushion – Circle to Square by Shelley Husband (needs last round and sewing up)
- Bunny Lovey (just needs sewing up)
- I think that’s everything!
Projects in Mind
Then, of course, there’s all the ideas for original patterns that are buzzing around my head! This list is vague because spoilers, sweetie.
- Beanie #1 (actually nearly done)
- Hearts blanket (main part written, crocheting the sample, plus needs a border)
- Beanie #2 (waiting on a yarn release)
- Batik Blossoms (ditto)
- Summer-themed blanket (have yarn and basic idea, just need to make)
- Untitled blanket – this might be a CAL, oooh!
- This list is complete as of the 19th of February, 2017
Obviously, PIMs that I don’t have yarn for will have to wait until I do. I know one is due for release any day and that’s a quick pattern that shouldn’t take me more than a couple of days to sort out. What’ll take longer is the sample for the summer blanket and I’m thinking I might have left that too long for this year? Maybe I should just get on with it….
Except I’ve personal makes that really do have a time limit on – the Baby Angel Wing and Baby Ripple are both being made for as part of #ProjectGrandchild, and she’s due end of May. As excited as I am about bringing new patterns to the blog, the little one has to come first, folks. I’m sure you understand. 🙂
Still, the latest idea to bite is exciting me no end. This is a long-term project that’s going to take time and effort to bring to fruition. I’m not too fussed about that. I would like it to be a CAL but I need a wider audience for something like that. Though creating will also bring in a bigger audience. You can see I’ve a lot to consider! Perhaps I ought to worry about creating the blanket and getting the pattern down first.
And maybe, just maybe, ticking a few of those PIPs off to boot!